Dentist in Towson, MD
CEREC is a sophisticated system that designs and makes high quality, metal-free dental restorations in one patient visit. This system utilizes 3D photography and CAD/CAM technology to assist our dentist in designing a virtual restoration without taking impressions. This allows us to make precise restorations that look great, fit perfectly and can last for years.
Our CEREC system allows our practice to do same-day restorations on almost all procedures, including inlays, onlays, crowns and bridges. A typical CEREC crown appointment is about 2 ½ hours and there is no need for additional appointments. Also, the CEREC system creates restorations from a solid block of ceramic, creating very durable and strong restorations.
You may be a CEREC candidate if you:
- Have been told you need a new crown, inlay, onlay or bridge
- Have a cracked tooth, old failing restorations or large damage/trauma on your teeth
- Are interested in replacing old metal restorations with biocompatible restorations
- Photographs of your cavity are taken and stored in our 3D digital model software to approximate the restoration shape.
- The model is refined using 3D CAD software.
- When the model is complete, a machine carves the actual restoration out of a ceramic block.
- The restoration is bonded to the tooth using a resin cement.
Creating A Crown
Crystallizing a Crown
Finished Crystallized Crown
If you would like to know more about the CEREC system, please contact our Towson dental office.